The mission of the Oregon Medical Association is to serve and support physicians in their efforts to improve the health of Oregonians.
Values and Core Purposes:
- To establish and maintain high ethical, educational and professional standards.
- To provide benefits and services to aid members in their professional pursuits.
- To enhance goodwill, cooperation and unity among physicians.
- To vigorously advocate the public’s and profession’s interest in matters of health and medicine.
- To promote and defend physician’s freedom to practice medicine in the patient’s best interest and to the patient’s best advantage.
This Strategic Plan is a living document. It forms the foundation for both short- and long-term actions by the association, its elected leaders and delegates, and the professional staff of our professional organization. It is the basis for the work of our various committees and it attempts to focus our collective work on the priority goals identified by our members. This Plan, with its specific tasks, will be regularly assessed and evaluated by the organization’s Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, and professional staff. Reports will be provided to the House of Delegates and the members on a regular basis. Throughout that evaluation process and as the association adapts to the changing needs of its members and the patients they serve, this Strategic Plan will be updated. It is intended to provide stable direction for our important work together, while acknowledging that we live in a changing society and work in a profession that requires immediate actions.