The Basic Training workshop is an introductory course for those who have never attended an OMA Loss Prevention course or have not attended within the last 6 years. Participants will review current health law issues, develop strategies for effective communication with patients and their families, and learn effective risk management skills. Basic
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of Providence Portland Medical Center and the Oregon Medical Association. Providence Portland Medical Center is accredited by the OMA to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
American Medical Association: Providence Portland Medical Center designates this education activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Training is offered on the following dates:
- January. 19, 2013 - 8:00 am – 10:45 am - OMEF Event Center, Portland
- February 2, 2013 - 8:00 am – 10:45 am - OMEF Event Center, Portland
- February 14, 2013 - 8:00 am – 10:45 am - Hilton Eugene Hotel and Conference Center, Eugene
- April 5, 2013 - 8:00 am – 10:45 am - Hilton Garden Inn, Corvallis
- May 17, 2013 - 8:00 am – 10:45 am - Rogue Valley CC, Medford
- June 7, 2013 - 8:00 am – 10:45 am - Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center, Bend
- November 2, 2013 - 8:00 am – 10:45 am - OMEF Event Center, Portland
- November 23, 2013 - 8:00 am – 10:45 am - OMEF Event Center, Portland
A brochure with more information is available below.
(please note: when registering online through the InReach system, your login and password are separate from your OMA website login. If you are logging in for the first time, create a new password by entering any password you like)