This quarterly magazine is the OMA's flagship publication, informing our community of members and other stakeholders about national, regional and local policy and industry trends that will impact the way they practice.
Each issue will also strengthen the community of physicians in Oregon through feature articles, stories and artwork that relate what is happening in organized medicine around the state, and what life is like for physicians outside the office.
All this will be accomplished through a mix of news and features, regular columns and editorials. Each issue of Medicine in Oregon will feature a central theme, and the feature articles and selected columns will amplify that theme.
- Spring 2013: Social Determinants of Health
- Winter 2013: Confronting a Crisis: Opioid Abuse in Oregon
- Fall 2012: Politics and Medicine
- Summer 2012: Green Medicine
- Spring 2012: Why We Still Do This: Medicine as a Vocation, Not Just a Profession
- Winter 2012: The Great Experiment: Medical Homes in Oregon
- Fall 2011: The Economy: Coping with the 'New Normal'
- Summer 2011: Doctors Giving Back
- Spring 2011: Transformation: Practice, Payment, and Technology
- Winter 2011: 21st Century Medicine
- Fall 2010: Health Reform Implementation
- Summer 2010: Learning Side by Side
- Spring 2010: The Doctor Is Deployed
- Winter 2010: Performance Measurement, Public Reporting of Primary Care
- Fall 2009: Pandemic H1N1 Influenza: What Physicians Need to Know
- Summer 2009: A Watershed Year for Health Care
- Spring 2009: Psychiatric Care Challenges in Oregon's Emergency Departments
- Winter 2009: The Doctor Is Online. Now What?
- Fall 2008: The Road Ahead
- Summer 2008: Physician Perspectives on Oregon's Health Care Reform Efforts
- Spring 2008: Making Time to Make a Difference
- OMA Members: Get Involved!
Member participation through article, essay or visual art submissions - even letters to the editor - are essential to the success of this venture. Submissions unrelated to the planned themes are welcome for consideration at any time.
Direct questions and comments to Betsy Boyd-Flynn, OMA Deputy Executive Vice President and COO, at betsy@theOMA.org or (503) 619-8000.
If you would like to advertise in Medicine in Oregon, contact John Garbett, LLM ad sales manager, at (503) 445-2224 or email@example.com.