This quarterly magazine is the OMA's flagship publication, informing our community of members and other stakeholders about national, regional and local policy and industry trends that will impact the way they practice.
Each issue will also strengthen the community of physicians in Oregon through feature articles, stories and artwork that relate what is happening in organized medicine around the state, and what life is like for physicians outside the office.
All this will be accomplished through a mix of news and features, regular columns and editorials. Each issue of Medicine in Oregon will feature a central theme, and the feature articles and selected columns will amplify that theme.
- Fall 2016: The Mental Health Issue
- Spring 2016: Innovation from East to West
- Winter 2016: Opioid Abuse: Oregon Tackles Escalating Public Health Epidemic
- Fall 2015: Advocacy in Action
- Summer 2015: SGR Repeal/MACRA
- Spring 2015: Match Worries and the Push for GME Capacity
- Winter 2015: The Powerful Call of Rural Medicine
- Fall 2014: Political Doctoring: Why More Physicians and PAs Should Consider Public Office
- Summer 2014: Preventing Stress and Burnout for Physicians and PAs
- Spring 2014: Aging and End-of-Life
- Winter 2014: Choosing Wisely
- Fall 2013: 2013 Legislative Session Wrap-up
- Summer 2013: Obesity in Oregon
- Spring 2013: Social Determinants of Health
- Winter 2013: Confronting a Crisis: Opioid Abuse in Oregon
- Fall 2012: Politics and Medicine
- Summer 2012: Green Medicine
- Spring 2012: Why We Still Do This: Medicine as a Vocation, Not Just a Profession
- Winter 2012: The Great Experiment: Medical Homes in Oregon
- Fall 2011: The Economy: Coping with the 'New Normal'
- Summer 2011: Doctors Giving Back
- Spring 2011: Transformation: Practice, Payment, and Technology
- Winter 2011: 21st Century Medicine
- Fall 2010: Health Reform Implementation
- Summer 2010: Learning Side by Side
- Spring 2010: The Doctor Is Deployed
- Winter 2010: Performance Measurement, Public Reporting of Primary Care
- Fall 2009: Pandemic H1N1 Influenza: What Physicians Need to Know
- Summer 2009: A Watershed Year for Health Care
- Spring 2009: Psychiatric Care Challenges in Oregon's Emergency Departments
- Winter 2009: The Doctor Is Online. Now What?
- Fall 2008: The Road Ahead
- Summer 2008: Physician Perspectives on Oregon's Health Care Reform Efforts
- Spring 2008: Making Time to Make a Difference
- OMA Members: Get Involved!
Member participation through article, essay or visual art submissions - even letters to the editor - are essential to the success of this venture. Submissions unrelated to the planned themes are welcome for consideration at any time.
Direct questions and comments to OMA@theOMA.org or (503) 619-8000.