- OMA's Role in Disaster Preparednes
- OMA Policy on Disaster Preparedness
- Disaster Preparedness Resources
To create and foster the internal and external infrastructure through which the OMA can enhance physician preparedness and respond as an Association, if indicated, in an effective, coordinated, and transparent manner. The OMA will accomplish this task by:
- Networking with state and local disaster preparedness organizations and agencies.
- Supporting state and local agencies’ efforts to communicate with physicians before, during, and after a disaster with appropriate organizations and agencies.
- Informing and educating physicians on disaster-oriented medical care considerations.
OMA will work with Oregon Health Services on bioterrorism and public health preparedness issues.
OMA will promote educational opportunities for practicing physicians to become more knowledgeable about bioterrorism, other weapons of mass destruction, and how to work with the state’s public health system.
OMA will assist in developing communications systems to assist practicing physicians to respond to bioterrorism and weapons of mass destruction. (A-02)
- Oregon Emergency Management: www.oregon.gov/OMD/OEM/index.shtml
- Oregon Public Health Division Health Alert Network (HAN) Program: www.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/preparedness/han/index.shtml
- Oregon Public Health Emergency Preparedness: www.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/preparedness/index.shtml
- CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response: www.bt.cdc.gov
- EPA Emergency Management: www.epa.gov/swercepp
- Federal Emergency Management Agency: www.fema.gov/
- U.S. Department of Energy: www.energy.gov
- U.S. Department of Health: www.hhs.gov
- Ready.gov – Plan, Prepare, Stay Informed: www.ready.gov/
Other Resources (International and National)
- American Red Cross Disaster Services: www.redcross.org/services/disaster/0,1082,0_319_,00.html
- Demographic and Health Surveys: http://www.measuredhs.com/
- ECHO Health Library: http://ec.europa.eu/echo/policies/sectoral/health_en.htm
- Emergency Events Database: www.emdat.be/
- Global Health Council: www.globalhealth.org/
- Harvard School of Public Health: www.hsph.harvard.edu/hcphp/products-and-training/archived-webcasts/
- Humanitarian Early Warning Service: www.hewsweb.org/home_page/default.asp
- Humanitarian Practice Network: www.odihpn.org/hpnpubs.asp
- IDEP Community Disaster Preparedness Program: www.idepfoundation.org/Community-Preparedness.html
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction: www.unisdr.org/
- Maine Emergency Preparedness Monthly: www.hsph.harvardedu/hcphp/files/EPM_June_2008.pdf
- Prevention Web: Health Data: www.preventionweb.net/english/
- Relief Web: www.reliefweb.int/
- Reuters/AlertNet: www.alertnet.org
- Sphere Project: www.sphereproject.org
- WHO Epidemic Response Site: www.who.int/csr/en/
- WHO technical guidance on disasters: www.who.int/hac/techguidance/en/