We live in interesting times; the practice environment continues to change as we work to meet the demands of health reform and ever diminishing health care dollars while continuing to provide great care to patients. Employed physicians and PAs face a unique set of challenges. Fortunately, the OMA is here to help employed physicians and PAs meet those challenges through a newly-created Hospital and Health System Based Physician and PA Section.
Offerings for Hospital & Health System-Based Members*
Contracting Services for Individuals
- Model employment contract.
- On-demand webinar explaining the important things to look for in a contract, what to avoid, what to negotiate, etc.
- Attorney referral for formal contract review.
- Offered every three years and will focus on developing skills necessary to be a leader in the physician’s hospital or system.
Hospital/Health System Score Card
- Currently under development by the AMA, the program should help physicians and hospitals or systems learn more about what makes a great place to work, and provide important data for hospitals and health systems to help them secure and develop a high-performing, highly-satisfied physician and PA workforce.
- Meetings onsite at hospitals or systems for physicians to hear the latest from the OMA and network with colleagues.
- “Lunch with the OMA”
- Tailored informational outreach, such as compliance updates focused on those areas relevant to an employed physician, including such issues as:
- When a medical malpractice case is brought, tips for physicians (i.e., when to get own counsel where issues are aligned, other issues)
- How physicians must comply with laws such as EMTALA and other laws affecting both hospitals and physicians
- Periodic meetings of the OMA Hospital & Health System-based Physician and PA Section.
Focused Communication and Information
- Custom Hospital & Health System section on OMA website.
- Listserv and/or online community to encourage constructive communication with colleagues.
- Special section for hospital and health system physicians & PAs in Medicine in Oregon.
*This list will evolve as we gain further understanding of the specific needs of these physicians and PAs.
Together, section members can not only meet the challenges of the changing practice environment, but thrive as physicians and PAs and members of the hospital/health system community.
Contact Danielle Sobel if you have any questions about this new membership section.
Interested in Joining?
If you are interested in joining this membership section, submit a Committee/Section Interest Form.