First Annual Health Fair & Screening Event
Friday, April 19, 2013 • 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Oregon Convention Center Plaza • Portland, Oregon
777 NE MLK, Jr. Blvd.
The medical community in Portland, including physicians, physician assistants, and medical and PA students, has joined with the Oregon Medical Association to offer free screening services and education for the uninsured and underinsured in the Portland metro area.
Care Connection is free and open to the public. Health screenings and services will be available on a first-come, first-served basis for the duration of the event.
Screening Services to Include:
- Vision, hearing, blood pressure, diabetes and glaucoma checks provided by the Lions Club
- Dental services
- BMI screenings with nutrition counseling
- Foot exams (including fingernail/toenail clipping) provided by medical and PA students
Resources to Include:
- Medications counseling and education
- Limited referrals to safety-net clinics and connections to other community resources
- Addiction, mental illness, PTSD services and support information for veterans
- Education on health improvement aligned with Healthy People 2020
- Nutrition counseling and healthy cooking demonstrations
- Smoking cessation education
- Free giveaways that support health and wellness
The list of participating groups and organizations who will be on the plaza on April 19 includes:
Other supporting organizations include Northwest Natural, the Portland Business Journal, Regence, Project Access NOW, Oregon Academy of Family Physicians, Oregon Primary Care Association, Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland, Oregon Society of Health System Pharmacists and Sellwood Medical Clinic.