Senate Bill 483 - 2013 Regular Session
- Statement from OMA President Bud Pierce, MD, PhD, on SB 483's Passage (March 18, 2013)
- Early Discussion and Resolution Bill Headed to the Governor's Desk (March 12, 2013)
- Oregon Senate Passes Early Discussion and Resolution Legislation (March 5, 2013)
- Senate Judiciary Committee Approves Early Discussion and Resolution Bill (Feb. 14, 2013)
- Legislative Concept 1307 Draft for 2013 Regular Session
- Statement from OMA President Bud Pierce, MD, on OMA Board Support of LC 1307 Draft
In the News
"Brigham and Woman's airing medical mistakes: Hospital reports errors to staff in drive for improvement"
By Liz Kowalczyk, Boston Globe, April 9, 2013
"To corral health care costs, look at liability"
By Walter Olson, Overlawyered, March 4, 2013
"Proposed Bill Could Help Reduce Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in Oregon"
By Emily Bowman, KNDO/KNDU, Feb. 14, 2013
"Defensive Medicine May Be Costlier Than It Seems"
By Amitabh Chandra, Anupam B. Jena and Seth A. Seabury, The Wall Street Journal, Feb. 8, 2013
"Full disclosure first: Alternative med-mal approaches show promise"
By Andis Robeznieks, Modern Healthcare, Feb. 2, 2013