The OMA Now Offers Convenient CDL-CME Training from the Comfort of Your Home or Office
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has established the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners and is requiring all health care professionals who conduct physical examinations of interstate commercial motor vehicle drivers to:
- Complete training that is accredited by a nationally recognized medical profession accrediting organization to provide continuing education units and meets the FMCSA standards;
- Pass a certification exam to demonstrate that the medical examiner is qualified and competent to conduct physical examinations of drivers who wish to obtain their interstate Commercial Driver’s License; and
- Maintain competence by periodic training and testing.
Beginning May 21, 2014, the FMCSA will only accept from CDL drivers a medical examiner's certificate issued by a medical examiner listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners. These requirements support FMCSA’s goal to improve safety and reduce fatalities on our nation’s highways.
In response to this new federal requirement, the Oregon Medical Association is now a registered NRCME training provider for medical professionals seeking to be listed on the National Registry website. The OMA’s online training course is designed to meet the core curriculum requirements for medical examiners. Upon completing the training, you will be prepared and qualified to take the NRCME certification exam.
There are training courses available from numerous organizations, however, the OMA has eliminated the need to research the various programs before you decide. Our course is conducted 100 percent online at your own pace with the option to obtain AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM (approved for 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM). Other non-member health care professionals can also enroll in our training course; however, OMA members receive a discounted rate.
- Suggestions/references to pre-course reading/reference materials
- Ability to start/stop/pause training according to your schedule
- Six months unlimited 24/7 access from your PC, laptop, iPhone, iPad, or other mobile device
- Printable course materials
- Case studies/reviews and steps to prepare for the certification exam
- Course certificate immediately upon completing the course
- Options to register and receive CME credit or register at a reduced price that does not include CME credit