- Current Programs: Winter/Spring 2013
- 2013 General Membership Meeting
- OMA Day at the Capitol
- Risk Management Workshops
- On-Demand Education
Complimentary Benefits to OMA Members and their Staff:
*Please send other GEC workshop suggestions to Joy Conklin.
Click on the course titles below to learn more and register, or click here to explore our full online catalog of live and on-demand programs.
A pdf of the Spring 2013 Education brochure is available here.
- Major Behavioral Health Coding Changes for 2013 Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered January 15, 2013)
- Strategic Planning for ICD-10-CM 201 Workshop
February 5, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- ICD-10 for Physicians & PAs Workshop – EARN CME!
March 6, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Basic CPT Coding
March 12, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Anatomy & Physiology for Coders Workshop
April 3, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm To be rescheduled this fall
- Strategic Planning for ICD-10-CM 201 Webinar Part I
On-Demand (originally offered April 4, 2013)
- Strategic Planning for ICD-10-CM 201 Webinar Part II
On-Demand (originally offered April 11, 2013)
- Noridian/CMS Webinar Series Part I: Hot Topics and Other Updates
On-Demand (originally offered February 6, 2013)
- Noridian/CMS Webinar Series Part II: Audit Review Contractors
On-Demand (originally offered February 13, 2013)
- Noridian/CMS Webinar Series Part III: Incentive Programs
On-Demand (originally offered February 27, 2013)
- Payer Forum
February 20, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Employment Contracts and the Medical Practice Workshop
March 13, 1:00 - 5:00 pm Canceled
- Mobile Device Management Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered April 10, 2013)
Health Care Reform
- ACOs, CCOs, HIEs and HIXs: Privacy and Security Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered February 21, 2013)
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 Risk Analysis Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered February 28, 2013)
- Meaningful Use Stage 1: Help If You Need It Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered March 13, 2013)
- Meaningful Use Stage 2: Time to Get to Work Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered March 27, 2013)
Regulatory and Compliance
- Omnibus Privacy & Security Rule Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered February 26, 2013)
- Accounting of Disclosures: What My EHR Needs to Track Now Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered March 20, 2013)
- “I’m the new Privacy & Security Officer… Now What?” Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered March 26, 2013)
- HIPAA Myths: The Truth is Out There Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered April 23, 2013)
- Final Breach Notification Rule Webinar
Date TBA (soon after the final rule is published)
Health Literacy/Cultural Competency
- The Oregon Health Care Interpreters Program and Health System Transformation Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered March 19, 2013)
- Health Equity as the Next Frontier: Tips, Tools and Strategies Webinar
On-Demand (originally offered April 2, 2013)
- Advances in Health Literacy: Best Practices for Patient-Centered Communication Webinar
April 25, 2:00 - 3:00 pm
- Cultural Issues in Communication and End of Life Care
May 9, 10:00 - 11:00 am
OMA In-Person Workshop Policies
Tuition: Includes refreshments and all course materials. Lunch is only included with programs longer than six hours.
Registration Deadline: Pre-registration is required. Registration closes three business days before the event. *On-site payment is accepted as long as we receive your registration form by the deadline.
Cancellation Policy: All refund requests must be made seven business days prior to the workshop in question. Registered participants who plan to pay on-site who do not attend, or who do not cancel with seven business days’ notice, will be billed the full price of registration. Substitutions are permitted with prior notification.
Location: In-person workshops will take place at the OMEF Event Center - 11740 SW 68th Parkway, Portland, OR 97223, unless otherwise specified.
Photography Policy: By virtue of registering to attend this OMA event, you grant OMA full rights to use any photos/videos/recordings containing your likeness taken during the routine course of the event, by OMA or its official representatives, to be used in any future promotional endeavors of OMA, without any further notice.
Please Note: Dressing in layers is recommended due to room temperature variations.
Smoke Free Campus
Effective September 1, 2011, Health Care Associates (HCA), LLC is a smoke free campus. Smoking on the premises is prohibited at all times:
- in all interior space owned, rented, operated or leased by HCA, LLC and
- on all outside property or grounds owned or wholly leased by HCA, LLC including parking areas/lots, sidewalks, landscaped areas, recreational areas – this also applies to private vehicles while they are on HCA, LLC property.
All employees, contractors, vendors and visitors of this campus must comply with this policy while on HCA, LLC property, either leased or owned. The policy is in effect twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. See Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 433.835 – 433.990 and Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 333-015-0025 – 333-015-0090.
OMA Webinar Policies
Access/Materials: The webinar access link and related materials will be e-mailed to participants at least one week prior to the webinar.
Multiple Participants: Pay a single registration fee for multiple participants. All participants must view the webinar in the same room and on the same computer. We encourage you to invite others within your organization to participate in the webinar for one low registration price.
Cancellation Policy: All registrations are final. No refunds will be provided for cancellations or non-attendance. If you register for a webinar and do not attend, you will be billed for the full price of the webinar.